It is extremely important to find an interesting logo design for your business in order to create brand recognition. If you actually look out for popular logo designs, some of the best ones are actually very original and something that we all can remember. We can most often relate to the nature of the business the company is doing just by looking at the logo. In order to be updated with the latest trends, many companies try to take one step ahead when it comes to selecting the latest logo design that is trending. One of the biggest problems of following a trend is that these logos can easily fade away in an ocean of such similar logos that are out there in the web world. The worst part is that these logos can become outdated and impact your business in a big way.
This article is meant to assist the designers in understanding the design components, which have been overused when it comes to logo design. You may find some over used designs like the swooshy men or some shapes that look like these geometric shapes – there are a lot of graphics that we see in almost every place. Here are some of the most commonly overused logo designs.
1) The Same Old Swooshy People: How often have we seen these same old swooshy people? There has been a significant increase in the use of these types of logo designs. The image containing people are put into the design as they bring out the feeling of happiness. The issue is that these designs have been used so much that they are no more attractive or impressive.
2) The Geometric Designs: These are the next set of designs that are highly overused by people and companies. There are logo designs that take the form of a triangle, circle or other possible geometric shapes. These shapes appear in various colors; the standard color though has been white and black. These logos actually looked good at one point, but since they have been insanely overused, they no longer hold a good space in people’s mind or heart.
3) Everything Is Business: You might have found a lot of logos with a graph chart or something to do with business. These logos were a super hit early in the 2000s; however, it is clearly losing its popularity as it has been unduly overused. Most of these designs are used by the startups. The problem is that you see such a lot of firms overusing the logo that it becomes really difficult for people to associate the logo with a particular company.
4) Fitness Related Logos: There has been an increase in the number of fitness companies of late. However, the sad part is that most of the designers come up with pretty much the same design; people are so used to seeing such logo designs these days that it no more holds a value currently. Anything that is overused will definitely lose its value sooner or later. This is a lesson that all the designers must learn.
5) All Green: Many companies these days are promoting a healthy ecosystem using the concept of Go-Green. There are a lot of such firms that are becoming green in order to catch up with the current times. Logo designers, on the other end, are lacking creativity and landing up giving almost the same design that they formerly gave to another company in a similar line of business. There are so many companies these days that have similar logo designs that it has become really difficult for the common man to identify which company is doing what. Most of these logos have the element of green color in them and this looks really boring.
6) Logos Based on Real Estate: We all know that the real estate business is reaching new heights every year. This industry has been steadily growing and as a result many new companies are being formed to focus on real estate business. There are millions of companies in this niche out there. Although the business is reaching new heights, these companies are compromising on their brand value by choosing some really overused logo designs. A lot of companies that has a good repute have failed miserably when it comes to their logo.
There are great companies using below-average logos that depict a house in the form of logo. If this is a brand new startup, then it is understandable. The big firms have a big team of experts and have big funding capabilities to get a creative logo design; however, they are going with what the majority of others are following by using very common logo designs. These types of logos will not only impact their company reputation, but will also throw a bad light on them as logos can make or break a brand reputation.
There are plenty of logo designers out there in the market who are extremely skilled; you can take their help if you wish to design a good logo. Always remember, a good logo must always be simple and original.